Thursday, October 14, 2004

- My Own Private Yorkshire -.

This category's name is in honour of James Herriot, the Scottish vet who lived in the Yorkshire Moors he chose to make his own. He is a lovely writer, so humble and simple, and stunningly moving. You can't but be right there with him, breathing in the smells of the fields, feeling the icy wind cut through you at 3 am while you're helping a cow calving, eating the farmers' food, listening to their rough accent. Give him a try even if you're not much interested in vets, he weaves beauty. Absolutely.

High On Dead Bits (March 10, 05)

I wanted to explain why I feel like... (14 Febr 05)

And fuck that too (11 Febr 05)

Nosocomially yours (January 17, 2005)

OMG I'M STUDYING-Y! (January 17, 2005)

And I thought the cow was cool (November 10)

Nothing like a self-butchered cow to cure insomnia (November 4)

And sometimes there is gratitude (October 4)

Goodbye and thanks for all the sheep! (September 16)