Wednesday, December 08, 2004

In which she brags

Do you know what I did today??? DO YOU? You’ll never guess! Go on, guess! Go on, go on! GUESS! Oh alright, I’ll tell you. I went to check Mis-nagid’s blog and he had a post with a pic in Hebrew which he asked people to help translate. I looked at it thinking “As if” and OF COURSE I didn’t get a thing, Which Didn’t Surprise Her(.) but was still discouraging because she doesn’t care to be BLATANTLY reminded that her beloved Hebrew could be much improved, oh no. And then something started nagging me because the one word was simply too long for Hebrew, what the hell, and what other language do we know where you can just combine words ad nauseam? Yes, GERMAN! Which I speak! So I realised it was Yiddish, and sadly I can deal with Yiddish better because of the German bit, even though the way the language was changed is VERY bizarre, so I decided to give it a try.

And I DID IT! I translated it! It was a very tiny text but: I translated a Yiddish text - which I don’t speak - written with Hebrew characters! HOW EXCEEDINGLY GLORIOUSLY COOL AM I???

Ha.

[Oh just let me brag, it’s 8 am and I am STILL here, STILL awake, it’s something to occupy my mind with! See, S., this is how you do it, 8 am = no sleep = mucho posting. Nothing fancy to it, just plain old endocrine malfunction. You could do it too if you tried.]

4 Comments:

At 8/12/04 09:04, Blogger squarepeg said...

HA! ENDOCRINE MALFUNCTION! OF COURSE!!!! why didn't I think of that? oh yeah, cuz my eyes start closing at about 11:30pm and I'm drawn to the bed ... where the cat is waiting to dance on my knees! (loved that description you wrote of the cat in bed -- SO true!)

 
At 8/12/04 19:24, Blogger No Milk Please said...

ok, this does sound a little dorky, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

 
At 8/12/04 20:28, Blogger brooksba said...

Lioness,

That's very cool. I know it may seem like a little thing to some, but you found joy in it and that's great. I like that.

Beth

 
At 9/12/04 14:55, Blogger Lioness said...

No Milk, dorky is good, you clothes whore, and YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home