Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Exams

Don't be worried bcs I'm not posting or commenting much, exams are hideous and I have some thinking to do re vet school and how I am best to accomplish finishing it without destroying myself in the process. So far, I have 7 more exams till the end of July, and 13 exams coming up in September for 4 subjects - 3 for Bones, 5 for Pharm, 3 for Biochem and 2 for Microbiology. Fun. I can't very well imagine I will pass them all so some will surely be repeated in October/November, maybe even more than I expect bcs some teachers make you repeat ALL exams even if you've passed some in the group already. Why not. That's why I have 5 Pharm ones, bcs what would be the point of trying now and say, passing 4 of them, to have to re-do all 5 in Sept? And it's not a subject I find terribly easy at that, loads of drugs names to memorise. I really feel like weeping and just throwing myself in the bloody river more often than I care to think of. I need to pass bones or I will flunk the year right there. But we've had curricular changes which means that we've had some new subjects added to the course load bcs really, we didn't have enough exams as it is, and I am now wondering whether I should just skip some September exams and do those subjects and the new ones lumped together bcs nothing drags you down faster in this degree than having subjects from years past undone. And that would mean delaying graduation by one year, which would suck rock but would maybe enable me to have a more normal life, work more and make more money, and actually leave the house once in a while. So yes, not much coherence or time right now.

13 Comments:

At 8/6/05 11:16, Blogger Ana said...

That sounds exhausting! I hope you can figure out what's best, even if it means postponing graduation.
Hang in there!

 
At 8/6/05 12:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tough choices.
But hope it all goes well with studying and exams.

 
At 8/6/05 14:11, Blogger Diana said...

Crikey! The really unfair part is that you will never really learn pharm until you are doing it. True with all the other stuff but 10 times true with pharm.)It's like trying to learn a language without speaking it. No nuances. It all runs together. You don't know what is important and what is worthless. I guess I can only offer deep sympathy and availiability to bounce things off of. When it comes down to it, a year extra, while it seems a horrible delay, really isn't that long, especially if it means you don't completely lose living some life by doing so. Trust your gut and don't decide until you have to. Mull.

 
At 8/6/05 14:24, Blogger lila said...

Half a world away and we both are posting on the same subject....
You are, I am sure, brillant, or you would not be taking exams for what is one of the most difficult careers to learn.

Try to relax--the answers will come, in life and the exams :)

 
At 8/6/05 14:59, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

:-P

 
At 8/6/05 16:26, Blogger CarpeDM said...

Yikes! Poor, poor Johnny. Well, I will miss you and think of you and think good thoughts. I know you are brilliant and will do well, no matter what you decide.

Much love and kisses,

D

 
At 8/6/05 17:17, Blogger brooksba said...

Oh, I feel for you. I'd give anything to be able to stand there with all the answers for you and make the exams easier. I know you'll make the right decisions and that you can do anything you put your mind to. You are brilliant.

Thinking of you and sending best wishes across the Atlantic to you!

Bjs

 
At 9/6/05 00:12, Blogger Dale said...

Hugs, dear!

 
At 9/6/05 03:30, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

That is entirely too many exams! I'm exhausted just thinking about it. You've been tested way too much lately. When are you going to get a break?! Pharm is a bitch...there are entirely too many drugs to memorize. I've forgotten more than I've learned.

Well, J, I want some of whatever is keeping you going. You make me feel like I should be complaining less and trying harder.

Keep it up kid ;) It'll definitely pay off. We'll understand your absence from the blog.

 
At 9/6/05 17:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds so overwhelming. Wishing you strength, my friend. Best of luck on those exams!

 
At 9/6/05 23:52, Blogger JenP said...

Wishing you the absolute best with those exams. *fingers crossed* and lots of positive vibes coming for them.

 
At 10/6/05 00:14, Blogger Kristin said...

Best of luck with exams and making your decisions about school.

 
At 10/6/05 13:59, Blogger Serialangel said...

I've just re-emerged from my exams, and I'm slightly coherent. I understand how you feel! And whatever you do, don't do a Betty and stay up late revising the night b4 the exam...sounds sensible, I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home