Sunday, May 22, 2005

Memeshead Revisited

Ed from Perfect Marriage has tagged me. It's rather funny because I've recently been tagged for pretty much the same meme, with the exception of the first question. So thus I find out that Ed, Welsh Ed, does NOT read me. Ach, for shame!

It's actually ok bcs, er, I don't know quite how to say this except I have already, sort of [#156][*cringe and squirm*]: I don't read him all that thoroughly either. Their love story is rather amazing though, that's what keeps me going back. We should all be so lucky to have Fate look down on us this fondly for nearly 30 years now, great sex and all. That reinforces my belief that perfect love stories DO happen if we are willing not to accept anything less than that.

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow


So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya, tomorrow!
You're always
A day away!

Sorry, got a bit distracted there.

Anyway, meme, yes. I'll cheat - again. You can't stop me and I need to get back to studying vomit. Vomit AND constipation, to be precise. And the best part? I'm loving it - I kid you not.

1) Total number of books I’ve owned: Oy, I lost track long ago. But I have maybe 1500 in my flat, abt 300 in storage, abt 100 that I want to sell (so I can buy more), and those still at my parents. Doesn't seem like much does it. I now have this compulsion to go out and get more. And I MUSTN'T.

2) Last Book I Bought: see here

3) Last Book I Read: see #2. I have actually been reading Piers Anthony's Crewel Lye for - *gasp* - over a week! A WEEK! And it's a tiny book! The world must be coming to an end.

4) Five Books That Mean Something to Me: see #2

5) 5 people to tag: I'm not so fond of tagging people so let's do it like this, tell me if you want me to pass this on to you and I'll update the post. [Tagging: Lorem Ipsum; Serialangel]

Good Night.

11 Comments:

At 23/5/05 01:59, Blogger CarpeDM said...

Vomit. Constipation.

Yes, I would enjoy reading about that. Really.

Okay, no but that's why you're going to be a vet and I'm going to be...well, hell, something.

 
At 23/5/05 03:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do read you, J, nearly every day. Although I do get behind sometimes, as I do with most of my blog reading from time to time.

I had read the Fahrenheit 451 post, although it was nearly a month ago. I don't know how I'm expected to remember back that far. :)

This one is a bit different, though. For example, there is a subtle difference between books that you would take to a deserted island and books that mean something to you. Personally, I would have different lists for those two. For example, I listed 101 Dalmations in my list of books that mean something to me. That's because it was the first book I read on my own as a child, so it was a personal milestone. But I certainly wouldn't take it to a deserted island.

So it's not entirely the same thing. But I'll let you off so you can concentrate on the vomit. :)

 
At 23/5/05 09:03, Blogger Lioness said...

Oh Ed, it was too delicious to NOT do it! And please don't tell me you read me, I'll feel terrible! Hell.

Do you know, you bring up a good point! It didn't even cross my mind bcs see, to me, it doesn't matter where and how it's phrased, to me it all boils down to the same books. I didn't even think it could be different for others! *hallo, here speaks her navel* Sorry abt that, you are fully right.

Anyway, I was glad you tagged me bcs I have been wanting to tell people abt your love story for a long time now, you're my heros!!! So it kicked me into action and now it's done! And more people will know. Yey

 
At 23/5/05 09:26, Blogger brooksba said...

I love that you are enjoying reading about vomit and constipation.

Have I mentioned lately that I miss seeing you? 9 days in Portugal were not nearly enough. DM and I sat at karaoke tonight, wishing that you were there calling us bloody Anglos.

Beijos!

 
At 23/5/05 09:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, I love the way that our site and vomit and constipation are discussed interchangably here! Very fitting!

J, I have to confess to using Bloglines to read you most of the time. I confess to that sheepishly because it always seems to me to be an underhand way of keeping abreast of people's blogs, but these days it's the only way I can keep up with my reading (and even then I often fall way behind). It's certainly not a chore, though.

 
At 23/5/05 18:33, Blogger Diana said...

Dahling, she who dies with the most books wins.

 
At 23/5/05 21:06, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Can we have an audio recording of you doing the Tomorrow song?

 
At 23/5/05 21:20, Blogger Lioness said...

Joe, you have a death wish?

Diana, I'm still chuckling over that.

 
At 23/5/05 21:24, Blogger Kristin said...

I'm too brain dead to even attempt to answer those questions dear...having two semi-sick kiddos at home does that to me. However, I can safely say I have at least as many books as you do.

Also, I second the request for an audio of you singing Tomorrow.

 
At 24/5/05 19:03, Blogger SavtaDotty said...

After I read this post the first time, I went to visit an elderly friend who has just returned home from the hospital. Her adult daughter, Ruti, had arranged for a live-in caregiver, and they were all there when I arrived. Ruti introduced me to the caregiver and I almost burst into song: her name? Tamara.

 
At 24/5/05 19:17, Blogger Lioness said...

Kristin, I've emailed you. You are... I'll post abt it when I get a camera. Kristin, Kristin...

Savtadotty, that was absolutely hilarious!!! :DDDD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home