Friday, February 17, 2006

Too dumbified to think of a title

Am still feeling rather rotten, would you believe I re-took an exam today to improve my grade, gave up on studying last night and went to bed thinking sod the grade but woke up on my own at 7.30 so why not go, shivering and all. So I did, and I think I improved said grade (that 12/20 in Microbiol. that was one of the best grades. Ha.). I have been passing ALL exams so far except for Cell Molecular Biology bcs it's tonnes and tonnes of DNA and I didn't have time to read even 1/4 of what I was supposed to. I had 9/20, can you believe that? 9.5 and I would have passed. So will retake next Thurs, and have Microbiology lab exam on Mon, for which I dearly hope this stupid virus will eventually let me study AND I also dearly hope my shaky hands will not set anything on fire, and then Pathol. Anatomy on Friday which will be a joke, let's all share a hearty laugh now, bcs I will have had exactly one evening to study. Skin, male + female reproductive tract, urinary tract, neurological diseases, avian diseases and am forgetting 2 others. One evening. HA. It's multiple choice etc so will close my eyes and circle random numbers. Worked really well last time I did it. But look, I was sick as the bloody hell when I tool all three Pharmacology exams and I passed them all, yey, AND didn't maim the poor dog for life either (IM injection)(haven't I mentioned this bfr?). I think I passed Medical Semiology (theory, already passed stable exam) and Anaesthesiology, results still unknown, but I think I've passed them. Regardless, next Frid it will all be over, for a little while anyway. Oh the luxury of having time to study AND understand everything! Er, and read. Talk. Go for coffees. Fix hair. See family and friends. Good times ahead. *cough cough*

Found the cutest, most egotistical little thing over at
Beth's and thought I'd give it a try. (There's something I wanted to post, the story of the first - well and only - time I watched a pig castration. But it lies dormant in my comatose old computer and till i find a way to fish it out this is all i have. This, and a viral overload. All I need now is for a dying stork to land on me.)

Anyway, cute egotistical thing, it's called a Johari Window, as in: The Johari Window was invented by Joseph Luft and Harrington Ingram in the 1950s as a model for mapping personality awareness. By describing yourself from a fixed list of adjectives, then asking your friends and colleagues to describe you from the same list, a grid of overlap and the difference can be built up. See? You can go in and assign character traits to me. [have removed link] I know, I'd be excited as well, you can't very well you pass it up now can you. Go on, am sick and bored and dense, it'd be the kind equivalent of buying a box of matches.

Sir.


9 Comments:

At 17/2/06 16:04, Blogger Unbelonger said...

Always had the feeling I knew you.
Nothing there made me change my mind, had no problem designating you, except there were too few categories, and far too few choices to make.

Hence "complex".

 
At 17/2/06 20:39, Blogger CarpeDM said...

This is fun. I enjoy describing people.

 
At 17/2/06 21:56, Blogger Udge said...

glad to hear that the exams are going well-ish. Just get through them, my dear, one year from now nobody will give a rat's arse (well, perhaps a vet might...) or a tinker's curse whether you got a 9.5 or an 11.2

I played, and being the consumate me-too-er started my own: http://kevan.org/johari?name=udge

I found it very tricky, both for you and myself, because I think that almost all of those characteristics apply to almost everyone at some time, under some circumstances. One can be brave when faced with a mad dog but cowardly when faced with a rat. Anyway, it was a lot of fun.

p.s. IMHO change the order of the links to present the "make your choice" page before the "here's what the others think" page.

 
At 18/2/06 00:46, Blogger brooksba said...

Okay, I tried commenting earlier but my computer wouldn't let me.

Dahling! I did visit your Johari Window. I was sad that "Brilliant" and "Awe-inspiring" was not on the list.

I'm glad the end of the tunnel is near and hope you get through the next week with your sanity intact. Get better soon!

Loads of kisses and hugs to you!

 
At 18/2/06 02:53, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

You're a blast lioness. I love the Johari Window thingy.

 
At 19/2/06 03:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing what you can learn about someone through a blog, eh?

 
At 19/2/06 03:51, Blogger Emanuel Ben-Zion said...

Johari misses one word: chata!

 
At 20/2/06 00:07, Blogger brooksba said...

Why did you remove the link? I'm confused.

 
At 20/2/06 11:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes you 'ho, why did you remove the link?

Tertia
xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home