Monday, October 11, 2004

In case you were wondering about my country

I am NOT one of those people who love to badmouth their country. It doesn't give me real pleasure to acknowlegde that it has become the pits, the absolute pits - and it's no joke when I say we have slid into Morocco and are now North Africa's greatest power. It rather makes me want to weep.

For those of you who are curious, this is a fine metaphor:

I am a Portuguese virus, but due to poor technology and lack of money in my country I am unable to do anything to your computer.

So please be kind and delete an important file in your system and then forward me to other users.


Thank you so much.

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

4 Comments:

At 12/10/04 11:23, Blogger The Lioness said...

Congrats, Self, you've just become one of those people wwho comment on their own blogs - and one of those who chuckles while doing it too!

FYI, I just wanted to let you know that this metaphor kicks ass, the more I read it the brillianter - yes yes, brillianter - it gets! Seriously. You'd have to be Portuguese to fully appreciate its glouriousness but you're not. And that, right now, is a very good thing.

 
At 12/10/04 20:06, Blogger Noorster said...

Oh well.
I'm not Portuguese, and I can't say I fully understand your metaphor, but I like it.
I like it so much I'm trying to create a version for my own country, land of the petty and home of the bitter.
And what's wrong with commenting on your own blog?
*scurries off to leave comments on own blog*

 
At 14/10/04 01:34, Blogger Firebear said...

This is good. Thanks for the book recommendation too. I had heard all the rumors and news stories on this disappearance, but never had read the story. Living near East Lansing and knowing the landmarks helps also.

 
At 15/10/04 15:00, Blogger alethinos59 said...

I like this... Write away lioness... Not that I don't like chicken but a bit of variety is nice...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home