Thursday, November 18, 2004

The Exponent of Breath*

Enviado: quinta-feira, 18 de Novembro de 2004 13:27:03
Para: lionessblog AT gmail DOT com
Assunto: Aristedes de Sousa Mendes and my family


Hi Lioness -


I was just looking at your October blog about Aristedes de Sousa Mendes. He rescued my cousin's wife's family from Europe in 1942 (!). They got on the last boat out, and landed in Antigua. Her family sent him contributions during his late years, when he was living in poverty. To honor his memory, her son gave his son (born in 2003) the middle name "Aristedes."


Savtadotty

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*LOVE is anterior to life,
Posterior to death,
Initial of creation, and
The exponent of breath.

Emily Dickinson (1830–86)

1 Comments:

At 19/11/04 06:03, Blogger brooksba said...

Thank you for sharing this! I really liked to hear about Mendes and the update. It warmed my heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home