Monday, January 17, 2005

"I think i'm in love now"

The Lioness is back, at least for now. Let us all hold hands and sing. I cannot tell you, in view of You-Know-What, how grateful I am that I want to, and actually can, blog about this. 

There is one blogger whom I've deleted from my tentative faves because she pissed me off majorly by ranting about another woman's blog - about shopping. First blogger is most annoyed that, in a world where people starve, get ill, die, in a world where "there's no time left" this supposed bimbo is wasting precious seconds by blogging about [well yes,"aboot" then, sounds so lovely overlapping an English accent, *coughs up furball*] the clothes and shoes she buys.

I say, isn't it so much better to be an activist full time? To live immersed in the world's miseries, suffering, grievances? Isn't it so much better to have reality knocking at our door at all times? To absolutely obsess abt it until all laughter is squeezed from our lives - and no, pardon me but baking my own bread and making my own pasta while breastfeeding my 5-year-old is NOT my idea of a good time. Don't I have much more fun thinking abt U. than abt shoes? Why yes I do, how could I not, why would I ever want it otherwise should I have more than just one Tico and one Teco, the two solitary Portie neurons? And isn't it true that loving clothes and blogging abt them is a SURE SIGN of callousness? And isn't it always the bleeding tree-huggers, in their white-socked Birckenstocks, who unfailingly Throw The First Most Un-Liberal Stone? The ones who go on and on and on about tolerance all the while being so ready to crucify others on very little info, and not because they love Tori [though they might because she is off-stream enough], until I want to just throttle them and bury them under a pile of Full Moon Activated Crystals?

[NOTE: this "tolerance" thing is most annoying, WHO WANTS TO BE TOLERATED and how bloody PATRONISING is it? It is only semantics, granted, but semantics matter and tolerance, as far as I'm concerned, is a bloody cow. So tolerate this.]

Well, Trugger, I can just tell you don't shave your [*shudder*] legs or [*gag*] your armpits and that's very poor form. Very scary, even if pherormonally quite effective. A very heartfelt Bugger You and Your Bloody Smugness. Oh you're welcome, dahling. Now go buy an Epilady and some make up, there's a good girl. Sorry, WOMAN.

Yes.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 17/1/05 20:10, Blogger paulmonster said...

Welcome back. I'm sure I speak for more than a few of us when I say that I've missed your leonine intolerance. A proud sense of humor is the best assurance that everything will be okay, even if they aren't right now.

THOSE. ARE. GORGEOUS. SHOES.

 
At 17/1/05 20:15, Blogger Lioness said...

And THAT I'm supposed to take as a compliment. HA!

 
At 17/1/05 21:44, Blogger brooksba said...

Johnny,

This was a fun post. I'm sorry you had to come across someone's blog who was so arrogant. People have different interests, and the last time I checked, blogging was a way to express onesself. If you don't like it, butt out.

I have a question for you about Flickr. How do you get the pictures on Flickr into the posts? I'm looking to you to be my guide.

Hugs,

Beth

 
At 17/1/05 22:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, most Canadian do not say eh? And we're regional like the rest of the world. HAve you been to Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland? Oh my goodness - I need a translator when I go there? I have cousins in PEI - takes me a week of being around them to understand them.

But everything always sounds better with a foreign accent - British, Irish, Scottish, Spanish, Czech.

LOVE the shoes!

Scully
blackleyj@yahoo.com

 
At 17/1/05 23:25, Blogger Lioness said...

Surely not Czech?! I don't mean to offend anyone but it sound absolutely hideous to my ears, very very nasty accent. And I heard quite a few "ehs", got lucky I suppose. :D

 
At 18/1/05 00:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mind a Czech accent. One of my cousins lives in Prague and she married a Czech last year. When she speaks Czech it sounds horrendous, but her husband's friends all sound kind of sexy.

Swedish accents aren't bad as well. My sister lives in Sweden and my nieces and nephews all speak English with a wonderful lilting accent.

My fave though is my grandmother's accent - Northern Ireland and I love it.

Scully
blackleyj@yahoo.com

 
At 18/1/05 02:40, Blogger Kristin said...

Liness...love your post. Your kick ass attitude reminds me so much of a good friend of mine.

Beth...this page is a great source for html code that will let you put pics in.

 
At 18/1/05 02:51, Blogger Lioness said...

Beth, Flickr provides you with codes for the pic, you choose which one you want and just copy-paste onto new post, much handier than that dreadful Hello!

 
At 18/1/05 08:50, Blogger elswhere said...

Lioness, I'm so glad you're back!

But I have to confess I didn't shave my legs for many years, and still don't sometimes, I hope you'll still visit??

 
At 18/1/05 12:54, Blogger Lioness said...

Oh Elswhere, of course I will! Actually, my friend S. does not shave her legs. She's German and is into looking all natural. But you know the people I mean, right? You know it's not the legs per se, it's the self-righteousness that makes me mad, so I go mean.

 
At 18/1/05 16:41, Blogger CarpeDM said...

You know, I never get that self-righteousness that seems to infect not only the very "green" but also the very religious. I am born-again but I rarely tell anyone because I am tired of so many people out there making religion a symbol for intolerance and prejudice.

Same thing with judging others for what they do. Personally, I don't wear fur. I don't care to wear it. But that doesn't mean I'm going to throw a can of red paint on to your fur coat (when I say your I am referring to the vast internet, not you Johnny). I have been known to hug a tree or two. But I still eat meat and enjoy leather.

I eat meat and support gay marriage! I obviously should be shot. Oh well, you can't win them all.

God, I'm glad you're back. I've missed you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home