Sunday, August 14, 2005

Noorster, please don't hate me!

Overall, I don't care abt U2 all that much. There are only a few songs I truly like and they're mostly from Under a Blood Red Sky, an album I fell in love with when I was 12 - a musical accomplishement I am quite proud of. I know enough abt U2 to know that One is NOT a love song, however, and to know the story behind it, and to not quote it wrongly a propos everything like so many so daftly do these days. But as I said, overall I don't much care for their music and have in fact become acquainted only w the songs that are played on the radio.

That being said...

The U2 are playing a packed stadium in Lisbon as I type. And I must admit that there's something rather cool and almost touching abt the fact that I am sitting here by my open window, the night splayed out before me and the balmy air, learning how to best agglutinate serum while Bono serenades me from not too afar.

Bcs I can hear the concert, see. I can hear them and sing along:

I will be with you again,
I will be with you a-a-again

7 Comments:

At 14/8/05 23:29, Blogger K|nneret said...

I am so jealous that words elude me. Damn.

 
At 14/8/05 23:32, Blogger brooksba said...

What a cool experience. Enjoy the serenade.

Beijos!

 
At 15/8/05 01:10, Blogger DeadBug said...

Can I be you for an hour?

--Bugs

 
At 15/8/05 02:40, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I'd *attempted* to get tickets to see U2 in Chicago for Mother's Day, but they sold out in minutes while I was in line. It was supposed to be my (first) baby's in vitro rock concert. Then Bruce Springsteen was going to be my (second)'s.

Maybe next time... I don't know why, but I think Bono is so H O T.

 
At 15/8/05 18:23, Blogger CarpeDM said...

Mmm. Bono. I am jealous as well.

Why do we think he is he hot? He's kind of freaky looking? Oh, wait, I think Rowan Atkinson is sexy. I shouldn't wonder about these things, should I?

 
At 16/8/05 17:34, Blogger Diana said...

I for one am terribly jealous. I saw them 2 nights in a row way back in my youth ('92). I still know most of their early stuff by heart.

 
At 16/8/05 21:19, Blogger Jen said...

wow! too cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home