Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Am I going mad? or what to do when hallucinations start

I was watching the BBC coverage of the matzav yesterday and there was the slightest hint that Israelis might just not be, I repeat, might NOT be pigs.

I am watching that nice, well-spoken Saeb Erekat being interviewed from Jerusalem [is that Prada?] and my mandible has joined my toe ring, the journalist is scolding him - scolding him! - bcs the Palestinians did elect Hamas for the government willingly and what did they expect from the Israelis then. And now the journalist is berating the Palestinians again! [Erekat's response: in their defence, Hamas has not fired a shot against Israelis all year, one shot. I think these Palestinian leaders think our leaders divert humanitarian money into their bank accounts as well and we are too starved and uneducated to think properly. I am so relieved Hamas has only been suicidebombing Israel, if they'd used guns they might have injured someone.]. And the journalist is now calling the Palestinian Gov powerless in a most disapproving manner! [Response: Abumazar's hands are tied and frankly, no one is helping him much are they. I mean the Israelis... And the Hamas... What's one single man to do under these circumstances.]

Personally, I think if the Israelis had a modicum of strategic sense they'd have celinedioned the region long ago and we'd have had peace for a good while now.

[Notice how daftly I have avoided mentioning all sorts of liquidy news that start with a T. Did you notice then? I AM that good.]

(And I agree with Imshin.)

2 Comments:

At 18/7/06 19:25, Blogger brooksba said...

It seems unbelievable, but I think the governments of the world and leaders from around the globe are really starting to understand that Israel is doing the right thing. I am getting that vibe. It's a little hidden on the news, but even the troll, who I abhor, was caught on camera when he thought the mic was off saying supportive things about Israel.

I really wish this was not happening, now or ever, because of the lives that are being hurt, but do have to admit I agree with Israel.

 
At 24/7/06 20:16, Blogger CarpeDM said...

I love the celinedionned thought. I bet that would help take care of the problem. "You get along! Or else there will be Celine Dionne to sing!" And peace would reign because she frightens every one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home