Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Fabulous categories or My pride hurts

OK, I now have categories.

I'd be even more thrilled IF THE BLOODY LINKS WERE ALL WORKING!!!! Argh. I've checked the posts and the template and everything seems fine so I don't know. I'll look into it later. I'm fed up with HTML. Me, saying that!

So I'll now smoke a fag and hit the road to bed - and it's 22.00, who knew?

-----------------------------------------------

Categories are working and always have been. The problem was, when I clicked on some links i did get that error message but it wasn't from my poor coding abilities. It was Blogger. AGAIN.

-----------------------------------------------


I WILL get round to writing a post about how to do it so you lot can exhaust yourselves redecorating. Think of me as a
Trinny and Susannah wannabe (rather true actually, I absolutely ADORE them!). Some of the links in the categories are indeed grey instead of blue and when you click on them, what do you know, ERROR 90210!!! Anyway, my MOST heartfelt thanks to Dany who couldn't be bothered to tell me he knew how to do it but thank you Universe (er, and DM) for MSN, through which I managed to find out HE IS AN HTML EXPERT. He could then explain it to me in V.E.R.Y. S.I.M.P.LE. terms and thus beauty was created.

So you can fully appreciate how this HTML journey of mine is a careful and well-balanced mix of genius (yeah yeah yeah) and ignorance, this is what I remember from a particular stretch of conversation in summed-up mode [this was after I'd managed to eradicate the permalink that updates Previous Posts automatically and ended up doomed to for ever *shudder* MANUALLY UPDATE!][ note to self:WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???] [I imagine something along the lines of "This tiny isolated tag has no place here really, who'd ever miss it"] [ego-sprain] [I could actually cry NOW] [but I will wait till you have read the next bit and spare some salt]:

(...)
L: So I don't know how to find out if I did delete it bcs I don't even know what I should be looking for! Argh!
D:I can help you with that.
L: You can?
D: Sure, I used to work in that field. I can tell you what the tag looks like and help you with the categories.

[Fast-forward the insults, I'm trying to keep this as neshemah-friendly as possible][oh, and failing miserably] [but I suppose you can READ so you don't need me to tell you THAT do you]

D: Do you think it is at all possible that you may have deleted the tag? [Note how sensitively phrased]
L: YES!!!
D: Ok, I'll tell you what to look for.
L: Thank you!
D: brb
L: brb???
L: Just like that?
L: Doesn't look much like a tag but what do I know.
L: Oh.

Yes.

3 Comments:

At 26/10/04 22:35, Blogger squarepeg said...

woo-hoo! Kol hakavod on the categories! Very sophisticated -- me want too! The links do seem to be working, so you are totally html-worthy!

 
At 27/10/04 09:12, Blogger Unbelonger said...

And here I thought I was going easy on the insults... Really gotta try harder next time. But you see, sometimes things only get done a certain way...

"The beatings will continue until morale improves"
That kinda thing.

 
At 27/10/04 09:43, Blogger brooksba said...

Lioness,

I like your categories.

I'm glad to see your previous posts back. I hope you were able to get it fixed so you don't have to add a new link each time you post. It looks like you did. I'm glad Dany could help you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home