Wednesday, January 19, 2005

"The Door into Summer"*

Babies. Tiny babies, growing babies, healthy, live, very much wanted, very much loved.

I've just gone round the Infertile Realm and babies and mothers are thriving. It comforts me to see all these women, all their partners, all these babies finally here, finally almost here, finally coming into their own. It lessens the pain a bit. There is still too much of it in the infertility world, there always will be. There will always be new ones to replace the ones who were so lucky as to. There will always be too much pain everywhere.

But we have new souls now, you see. No soul is interchangeable or replaceable but we need new ones, unbruised ones, tiny tiny ones in which our hope can find shelter and grow, tiny tiny ones which will help us be brave and big and maybe even, if we are that fortunate, a bit more whole.

I am so very grateful for these babies - their children - and for their happiness.

---------------------------------------
(*here)

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 20/1/05 10:37, Blogger Ana said...

J. you are a very sweet person. I wish I could hug you.

 
At 20/1/05 12:07, Blogger Beleobus said...

I know it has been a while since I commented here... the news (if it can be called that anymore) is that my cousin (serving in the Australian military) has finally been cleared to be airlifted out of Thailand. He was lucky enough to survive 8 hours clinging to rubble and escape with his life. Not sure about the health of his wounded leg... civillian life looks a certainty though.

Drop by for a chat anytime, if in the need of some light relief (and it is light at the moment)

 
At 20/1/05 15:00, Blogger Kristin said...

What a wonderful title i love Heinlein for a very sweet post.

 
At 20/1/05 16:37, Blogger La Foi said...

I just wanted to say that this brought tears to my eyes, and here I am at my office job pretending to have something in my eye while I get all weepy over the new hope that babies can bring into your heart. I am very sorry to read about your friend. It must be so hard. Thank god for babies (and kittens). I've been reading your blog for a while (came to it via the paulmonster) and derive great pleasure from your writing, so thank you.

 
At 21/1/05 18:08, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

My neighbor had triplets last year - one year old tomorrow. They wanted kids, and ended up with egg implantation, how they got fraternal triplets. Really look cute with that long tram built for three.
She recently announced that she is pregnant again. Talking with the husband, he did not seem too happy having such a large group (one would have been enough). I said that there are ways to avoid pregnancy. His response was "Well, when you pay $50,000 for three you don't figure on getting one for free"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home