Thursday, December 23, 2004

Quick editorial note

I call people Dahling bcs I like the way the languid, stretched-out "a" sounds;

I say Porties for Portuguese bcs I somehow started doing it and it fits them [us]. Mostly, it's filled w tenderness;

I say "it sucks rock" bcs once someone left a comment in a blog I read saying "Like the Lioness, I'm an insomniac" and I wrote a comment back meaning to say "We suck rock!" but Typepad doesn't allow it and it ended up reading "We suck rock!" and I immediately fell head over heels in love w it and fully abuse it now;

I say Plaphora - no, actually I hardly ever do and it’s a bloody shame;

I write bfr for before and bcs for because bcs I'm lazy and I do shorten everything when I write things down on paper. Often I don't even realise I'm doing it. It doesn't much matter bcs I can't understand half of what I write anyway.

I think that’s it.

4 Comments:

At 24/12/04 17:34, Blogger squarepeg said...

you can't? oy, that's a relief; I thought it was just me.

 
At 24/12/04 17:46, Blogger squarepeg said...

also: v happy to finally get explanation of bizarre "suck rock" lionessism

 
At 24/12/04 18:46, Blogger brooksba said...

Loved this!

BTW, I have managed to pick up a couple of the abbreviations that you use. Especially using v instead of very.

Beth

 
At 24/12/04 18:47, Blogger Lioness said...

Actually, the v is mostly from Tertia (http://tertia.typepad.com/so_close), I really started using it regularly after she'd infected me with her spores.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home