Sunday, January 23, 2005

D-movies

You know those rather bad movies where the aspiring starlet unexpectedly starts sobbing against the kicthen counter, then slides down till she's sitting on the floor and finally finds herself curled up in front of the refrigerator while the cat licks her salty hands? I am now giving autographs.

So. If any of you regulars and lurkers know of any blog or site where people talk about friends dead and missing from the wave please PLEASE would you let me know, now would be a good time for me to read them, I think I need that now. I can read them in English, French, German, Portuguse, Spanish, Italian and probably Dutch too. NO survivor stories though, I cannot handle the descriptions. Thanks.

-----------------------------

And just so you know, this PISSED ME OFF and it's been aggravating me for days:

The body of Aya Shapira, 28, missing since the tsunami swept through Southeast Asia, was identified yesterday in Thailand. She was the sixth of seven missing Israelis in the disaster to have been identified. Still unidentified is the body of Uzi Saguy, her boyfriend. (Itim)Ha'aretz, Wed., January 19

His body is unidentified??? What body? THERE IS NO BODY! Why does everyone ELSE talk like he's dead? They're not allowed to, only WE are allowed to say such things, he isn't dead yet and will not be until they find him! So just fuck off with the bloody reports, and today is her burial and media madness will abound and I will get to read abt it and I wish they'd stop taking his name in vain.


Labels:

6 Comments:

At 23/1/05 07:04, Blogger Kristin said...

All I can offer you are some cheesy cyber hugs and let you know that I wish I could do something to ease the pain.

 
At 23/1/05 09:11, Blogger JenP said...

Lioness, I know nothing I can say will change anything, or help you feel less pain, or any of that jazz. But I'm truly sorry your friend is still missing. And I'm sorry the media are being bastards.

I'm just so, so very sorry.

 
At 23/1/05 10:25, Blogger brooksba said...

Johnny,

I am so sorry. I'm still here for you.

Sending love and hugs across the ocean to you.

Beth

 
At 24/1/05 10:16, Blogger Ana said...

Oh J, I am so sorry, I can only imagine what you are going through. I wish miracles would still happen for both of us. I am going in for an ultrasound today and I feel just like you do. It isn't over until I see it with my own eyes.

I might take you up on that offer to call you one of these days. Hugs sweetie.

Ana

 
At 24/1/05 22:43, Blogger Dale said...

Hugs. I don't know of any such place, but I'll poke around.

 
At 25/1/05 05:06, Blogger DeadBug said...

I wish I had something constructive to offer, but I am at a loss; all I can say is, I'm so very, very sorry and I will be thinking of you, and of Uzi.

--Bugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home