Thursday, January 20, 2005

Quem di diligunt, adolescens moritur?

From my friend Lila's email:

it's really amazing: Uzi's lost,among 170 israelies. then slowly it's only him and Aya and another woman. the 3rd woman was found- dead. and now Aya, and now he's the only missing israeli! seriously the chosen one.



‘Whom the gods love, die young’ was said of yore,
And many deaths do they escape by this:
The death of friends and that which slays even more,
The death of friendship, love, youth, all that is,
Except mere breath. And since the silent shore
Awaits at last even those whom longest miss
The old archer’s shafts, perhaps the early grave,
Which men weep over, may be meant to save.
Lord Byron, Don Juan (Canto IV, stanza 12)


Do you know, it's a good thing really! I am SO happy they die young now, THEY ARE SPARED LIFE, what a relief!!!

I feel SO MUCH better.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 20/1/05 20:34, Blogger brooksba said...

Johnny,

I am sorry. The stanza is lovely and well-put. Thank you for sharing it. I am sending you hugs and love.

Beth

 
At 21/1/05 03:44, Blogger Lioness said...

Not so sure I want him to be found actually.

 
At 21/1/05 04:12, Blogger Lioness said...

Oh no, you do not, don't feel bad! I just meant not sure I want the limbo to end bcs it cannot end well - though i still HOPE! -, that's what i meant. Really, you always say the nicest things.

 
At 21/1/05 05:15, Blogger persephone said...

Lioness, I am so sorry.

I am hoping against hope.

 
At 21/1/05 08:35, Blogger SavtaDotty said...

Johnnyleh -
Ani choshevet alayich. Ein ma ledeber.
Shabbat Shalom.

 
At 21/1/05 09:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dude died on Halloween's Eve. It really a bit disgusting, the details. He had larvae eating him inside out, but we euthanised him instead of letting him suffer. there's very little that can be done for sick tortoises. Kinda like paraplegics. My post on the event is here: http://geerts.blogspot.com/2004_10_01_geerts_archive.html

geertie

 
At 21/1/05 12:25, Blogger Ana said...

I can understand not wanting the limbo to end. É o sebastianismo dos Tugas. I'm so sorry.

Beijos

 
At 21/1/05 18:14, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

More hugs.

 
At 21/1/05 23:36, Blogger Dale said...

Hugs. We're with you.

 
At 22/1/05 07:18, Blogger Kristin said...

I am here for you.

 
At 22/1/05 21:56, Blogger elswhere said...

Thinking of you.

 
At 26/1/05 19:54, Blogger CarpeDM said...

Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry.

I'm thinking about you daily even though I can't always comment and haven't been able to touch my email in weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home