Saturday, January 29, 2005

Hear Hope

I finally, finally, finally got an .mp3 version of HaTikvah, the Israeli national anthem, for my HaTikvah category - all thanks to the Hasidic Gentile! YEY!!! Do you know how long I surfed the web looking for one? DO YOU? I've wanted it for so long, oy, todah!

Go on, check out the category within the very cool drop-down menu, click on the red link and then tell me it doesn't cause the world's biggest piloerection*! It's a gorgeous melody and yes, the lyrics? *sigh* Beguf koev, belev raev...

[*Pilo = hair, it's up to me to keep you ethologically informed, don't mention it.]

3 Comments:

At 30/1/05 08:29, Blogger Ed said...

That is indeed very beautiful.

And that drop-down box is very cool.

I see you found my 'experimental'. Which template were you commenting on, by the way? I tried a few yesterday. Is the one that I've now put on the 'real' site or the other one?

 
At 31/1/05 00:12, Blogger brooksba said...

Johnny,

I had never heard the Israeli national anthem before and I want to thank you for sharing it. It is truly beautiful. I don't understand all the words, yet the music was filled with hope and strength and I loved it. Thank you.

Beth

 
At 31/1/05 00:21, Blogger Lioness said...

Beth, Hasidic Gentile's site has the translation as well, it's the text at the bottom of the box.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home