Monday, August 22, 2005

mahvellous.org

[Let us endeavour to make this a bit clearer lest more think the Seed is upon me.]

  • On the How exciting, dahlings! side, there have been no ciggies since Friday evening.

But. I have, to make up for it, been munching non-stop. And growling, growling as well. I wish I were kidding.

  • On the Oh bloody hell! side, am becoming The New Hottentot. Tsk.

Ingested Saturday
- 10 big (truly) sushi pieces (my 8 plus 2 from Loverboy)
- 3
bags of crisps (chips)
- 1 peanut crisp (nougat)
- 2 bags of Japanese snacks
- Half a box of (1L) mint ice-cream (communal property)
- 1/5 of mint ice-cream (single ownership)
- Big bowl of greeny salad mixed w big bowl of tomato and onion salad right before bedtime

Ingested Sunday
- 5 bowls of seitan casserole w loads of tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, zucchini, onions and something else
- Remainder of my ice-cream (4/5)
- 3 peanut crisps (nougat)
- 1 bag of crisps (chips)
- 2 peaches
- 1 roll w cranberry jam
- 1 bowl of grapes
- 1 carrot

Ingested Monday (so far)
- 4 carrots
- 2 bowls of gizzards w rice
- 1 bag of crisps (chips)
- 1 more bowl of gizzards w rice
- 1 more bag of crisps (chips)
- 1 bowl of tuna salad w tomato
- 1 peach

Update, Tuesday:
Father - Say, you've gained weight haven't you? Excellent, excelent!


12 Comments:

At 22/8/05 16:39, Blogger treppenwitz said...

Go You!!! Even with your, um, interesting choice of foods... your body will thank you for doing without the smokes.

 
At 22/8/05 21:44, Blogger Lioness said...

David, you're just jealous of my gizzards, admit it. Easy recipe - you want? I hope I stay non-smoking, yes, very much so.

Noors, I am eating all this BCS I quit smoking, see, so must keep otherwise busy. I'm perilously close to lighting my cellery stick.

 
At 22/8/05 22:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gizzards?? Seriously... gizzards?

 
At 23/8/05 05:04, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

Your mum will be happy to see that you're eating well.

And, Noorster brings up a good point...

 
At 23/8/05 09:08, Blogger brooksba said...

Congrats on the lack of ciggies. You are making me crave ice cream.

 
At 23/8/05 16:09, Blogger CarpeDM said...

blah, blah, blah, quit smoking, blah, blah. No, seriously, yay you.

Don't light the celery stick. Does not taste the same AT all. Trust me on this.

Mmm, gizzards. And ice cream. Yum. You can keep the sushi.

 
At 23/8/05 16:54, Blogger Diana said...

Lovely, lovely food. I am so glad to see you got the ice cream situation sorted out. Yes?

 
At 23/8/05 20:57, Blogger cat said...

*chuckle* good luck with the feasting and big whooo hooo on quitting smoking. those things will kill ya.

 
At 24/8/05 20:43, Blogger Kristin said...

Yum yum...gizzards with rice. My hubby makes the best gizzards and ther is a place less than 10 miles from my house that makes the most divine gizzards (ah the benefits of living in the souhern US).

Best of luck quitting the ciggies for good. My huby was an absolute bear when he quit.

Also, I was reading about the fires in Portugal. Are any of them close to you? I hope everyone you love is safe from the fires.

 
At 24/8/05 22:15, Blogger Jen said...

First, last, and most importantly: way to go on no cigs! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

At first I thought you were kindly translating the chips/crisps things for your Amerocentric readers who might not know the difference. Then I saw that you were actually differentiating between kinds of crisps. And so I must say Amerocentrically-IN-CHEEK that really proves that potato chips should be called CHIPS and not crisps because all that does is confuse people! Ha! :)

I am FASCINATED to know a person who eats both seitan and gizzards. You go, Lioness!

 
At 25/8/05 00:12, Blogger Amyesq said...

What's with you folks and the gizzards? Oy. Well, besides them, your post just made me hungry.

Huge congratulations on the no cigs and so if you gain a few, that's not a crime. Wayyy healthier than smoking. Keep up the good work!

 
At 25/8/05 03:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I feel your pain, but I'm not feeling the food choices AT ALL! If it works for you, though, I say Dig In!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home