Thursday, October 20, 2005

Note to self-boycotting vomiting self

All right, all right, I understood you the first time:

1) No writing the exam tomorrow [enter 3 extra courses for this year, I'd love to have the NEWLY EXTENDED Immunology one, yes, on top of repeating ALL Microbiology]
2) No keeping down the used-to-be-lovely-but-now-cannot-even-bear-to-think-of-it mint ice-cream [enter need for new comfort food]
3) No burying under books bcs vomit centre seems to be located along the ophtalmic nerve as well and see #2 [enter no escaping misery]

Now stop it. Don't think I don't know what you're doing. Vomiting simply makes me want to vomit some more because it is absolutely vile and YOU KNOW I can never get rid of it all. Next time arrange for the flu again please, much more bearable. Puke don't come easy.

Oy.

Please, PLEASE shoot me right on the 15. Can't wait for this bloody awful month cum year to be over.

9 Comments:

At 20/10/05 16:46, Blogger Serialangel said...

Hey honey. Sorry you've got Winter Vomiting Disease. You're supposed to bury yourself under the covers and not come out for at least 4 days. And have lots and lots of lemon lockets. It's been a tough year, but hey, it'll be over, the wheels will keep spinning and you'll be here for a long time yet.

 
At 20/10/05 16:47, Blogger Serialangel said...

And for comfort food...hows cereal? Crunchy nut cereal!

 
At 20/10/05 17:09, Blogger c said...

I'm prescribing ice chips until the vomiting stops. Then saltine crackers and warm tea. After that, you can slowly introduce a broth soup (chicken is best but vegetable will do as well) and room temperature cola (I am not kidding).

The next day, you may eat with impunity.

 
At 20/10/05 17:31, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I prescribe baked potatoes with lots of real butter for your new comfort food.

Hope you feel better soon.,

 
At 20/10/05 18:30, Blogger brooksba said...

Oh sweetie. I'm sorry to hear you have the flu. I prescribe a lot of sleep and pampering by Loverboy. Whenever I was sick, my mom always made me drink flat 7-Up and eat saltine crackers. It sounds like this is a remedy others have followed.

I hope this bug is gone soon.

Beijos

 
At 20/10/05 20:12, Blogger Diana said...

Oh, no. Poor you. Vile body to do this. Such betrayal! No excuse.

 
At 20/10/05 22:06, Blogger trelif said...

Please feel better soon, Lioness. School work and illness are two nasty titans to deal with at the same time. Drink weak, weak black tea (warmish) and visualize glaciers when you begin to feel tossy. And let yourself rest if you can!

 
At 21/10/05 05:00, Blogger Nancy said...

Ginger tea helps me.

steep a slice of ginger (1/2 cm) for a few moments in just off boiling water.

add sugar or honey to taste.

Easier is a commercially prepared tea with ginger.

Crystallized ginger helps too.

good luck Lioness. May you roar soon again.

 
At 21/10/05 18:00, Blogger CarpeDM said...

Ginger ale usually works for me.

You could become like Jeff and become addicted to Cherry flavored Pepto Bismol (sp?). He has taken to buying a bottle and keeping it in the fridge until he starts craving it. Yeah. My roommate is a freak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home