Thursday, September 29, 2005

[Pssst! OY!]

[*tentatively* Yoohooo!

Anyone still out there? Have been alternating btwn ill and ill-ish - yes, AGAIN, no, NOT ear-related though it didn't help -, am still feeling a bit weak and computer-unfriendly, screen glows in very bothersome way. Rephrasing, should you have missed its importance: have had no interest in any sort of laptop-related activity for almost a week now. This is scaring the hell out of me, my soul has taken leave of my senses. On the practical side, I could keep my ciggies in my eye pouches if I still smoked but my body is ensuring I never shall again - I tried to take up smoking again for a while [short story, bygones], couldn’t do it, stuff tastes absolutely vile. Gah. Phlegm, abundantly, chez Pride.

GOOD: Yesterday and today were spent watching Will & Grace [*falls to her knees in ecstasy and adoration*], Must Love Dogs [cute enough and surprisingly fun at times, and WOW has he got better since My Best friend’s Wedding!], The L Word [Shane still cool, Jenny still needs a sound slap; Bette couldn't possibly be any duller and see-my-liquidy-eyes-oh-how-I-ache-if-only-I-were-Jewish-as-well-I’d-have-the-full -suffering-trinity; why oh why did he have to leave; why is Marina gone; Tina really IS preggers, it is fantastic to see how at ease and gorgeous she is; and Roseanne Arquette isn't ageing gracefully AT ALL]. Have also been re-reading the Scarpetta thrillers from the beginning (may it erase the memory of her last book please) and read The Empty Chair and have become addicted, ABSOLUTELY, must have all other Lincoln Rhyme/Amelia Sachs books now.

**Will & Grace Worship Reason # 1**

Jack trying to recall the name of former lover of his:
Jack: Bleached hair, goatee, tattoo, who am I talking abt?
Karen: God, I don't know honey, you've just described a needle in a gaystack.

**Will & Grace Worship Reason # 2**

It gave me beaver and camel toe and a few others I’d remember if my being ill hadn’t finished off what vet school started, how could I not love it. I DO LOVE IT!

BAD: If a tree falls down in the forest and no one is writing or reading a post about it, can it actually make a sound? No. I disappeared for a week and no one even bothered to sing this to me.]


22 Comments:

At 29/9/05 23:55, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Are you pregnant?

 
At 30/9/05 01:29, Blogger Lioness said...

No - rather dreadful if I were at that, what w the amount of drugs I've been taking almost non-stop for almost a month now.

And Lorem, I'd never not let everyone know gently you know, I'd never let people fret and wonder if they should maybe avoid me bcs they cannot be sure of what's what. I'd be clear abt it, no worries.

 
At 30/9/05 04:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back in the land of the living.

Still want to know about the welts on your derriere mind you :)

 
At 30/9/05 04:52, Blogger Nancy said...

It's good that you tried to smoke again. Now that you know how icky it is, you won't be tempted as much to do it again.

Hope you continue to feel better.

:0)

 
At 30/9/05 04:59, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

Been missing you L-

 
At 30/9/05 10:27, Blogger brooksba said...

I've been missing you. I'm sorry you still are not 100%, but glad you made it to the laptop to let the pride know what was going on.

I'm going to not discuss Will & Grace. I lived with the guy who was Jack-reincarnate for too long. I'm happy you are enjoying the show.

Beijos!

 
At 30/9/05 12:58, Blogger lila said...

Ah, there you are! I hope you feel better soon!

 
At 30/9/05 15:33, Blogger CarpeDM said...

Johnny, I have missed you dreadfully and have been checking every day to see if you had a new post. And yay! You do!

Sorry you're not feeling in tip-top shape. Sadness.

Will & Grace is rather funny, we don't watch it that often because it conflicts with something else we watch (CSI:? Maybe) but we all do enjoy the show.

Why would we sing the Lumberjack song to you? I'm confused.

 
At 30/9/05 15:41, Blogger Ana said...

Well, I guess we won't meet this week then. Hope you feel 100% soon!

 
At 30/9/05 17:27, Blogger cat said...

Welcome back hope you are on the mend. When you quit smoking you can expect a round of sickness a few times to expel the blackness from your body. This happened to me as well. It will be over in a month or so.

You know what they say:
3 hours, 3 days, 3 months, 3 years.

Then you are over it.

Keep on truckin'

 
At 30/9/05 17:37, Blogger Diana said...

Well, damn. I had visions of the two of you hopping a jet to somewhere exotic and distant, and here find you both are actually ailing. V v sad. Have you seen Arrested Development? I think you, who despise things PC, would laugh until tears flowed at some of it.

 
At 30/9/05 18:00, Blogger trelif said...

stay hydrated and eat well. at least it is the weekend and you can schluff around as you please.
:>

 
At 30/9/05 21:30, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Come on, we've been by to visit every day. How many comments do we need to leave?
And I even made you a chocolate cake. Didn't hear from you, so I just had to finish it myself, sorry.
I can bake another.

 
At 30/9/05 22:52, Blogger Udge said...

Gute Besserung an Euch beiden!

My word is "hovkk" which is the sound made by a relapsed ex-smoker.

 
At 1/10/05 01:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I (ever the optimist) thought you were at the beach.

 
At 1/10/05 08:33, Blogger SavtaDotty said...

So did I.

 
At 1/10/05 12:59, Blogger Serialangel said...

Hello dear. I'm sorry you're feeling poorly, have a chocolate digestive! My best friend has been very ill as well (an abscess attack down her legs, had to go to hospital several times) but she's better now and sends you her love...and I do too.

Betty xx

 
At 1/10/05 17:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're back, darlin'!

And did I miss it?? Did you explain the butt abrasions yet?

 
At 1/10/05 21:50, Blogger Stacey said...

Feel better soon. I'm sure this is nothing that a plate of yummy sushi wouldn't fix!!

Please take care, Lioness.

 
At 2/10/05 00:26, Blogger Lioness said...

Nicole, the welts, ah, yes. Will get round to that and you will all be highly disappointed for it is dull and I did mean waht I wrote literally.

Nancy, you'd be surprised. They still taste vile, thankfully.

Chimmy, tnx babe. How's the harem?

Beth, I know and I cannot imagine! Jack is delightful when inside a TV screen though. That's the secret.

Bubbi, I am already, just need some more rest, have had nonoe of it yet.

DM, that's why one has VCR's to tape exceedingly good shows while watching exceedingly good shows. You'd sing the lumberjack song bcs it's like yelling timber!, see? I did write that abt the tree falling and making no sound. It was my cover of Portishead's Nobody Loves Me, you had to make me say it didn't you.

Ana, TEM QUE SER ESTA SEMANA! Vamos aproveitar este perplexificante calorão de verão em Outubro, boa? Tem que ser, temos q conseguir, não és mulher não és nada, e eu tb não.

Cat, that gives me hope though I now fear for my health even more. Geh. Hope I survive to then enjoy the smoke-free me.

Diana, you think I'd leave without telling anyone?? HA! I did watch a few episodes and i do like it - but the poor man! I am laughing over Will & Grace now, it will take me a while to move on w the downloading.

Henri-V (!!!), am trying. Loverboy seems to have developed a rather sudden love for ginger tea, which he refrigerates but so far hasn't drunk. I am trying to drink green tea. I hardly drink any coke these days. Am scaring myself, as I said.

Joe, tnx for the cake, it's ok. How abt a nice round of choc ice-cream? Better than cake, yey! here, have some.

Ugde, danke, wir sind fast gesund. Was, da raucht jemand? Das darf ja nicht war sein!

Noors and Savtadotty, again, don't you know me by now? I'd never leave abruptly and unannounced!

Betty, thank you and your friend, hope she's alright now. That sounds rather scary and slow-healing.

Manuela, no I haven't, I will, it's dull but surprising.

Stacey, I hear you. Mint ice-cream is also a very good comforter. Especially around the thigh area. Oy.

 
At 2/10/05 19:33, Blogger elvira black said...

Abandoning your laptop? You must have been feeling very poorly indeed! Sorry you have been, but it's heartening to see that the ciggies seem vile, as well they should. (Spoken by a contrite smoker).

 
At 3/10/05 04:19, Blogger Agent Sierra said...

Love Wil and Grace myself. I discovered the reruns while sick last week because I never had time to watch when it debuted.

Also, REALLY love the Rhyme/Sachs novels. Did you read The Bone Collector first? The Coffin Dancer next, Empty Chair....

I'd be willing to unload them if you like. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home