Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Life at 6 am

Woke up at see-above bcs of a nightmare involving You-Know-Who and that Lucy character in Anne River Siddons' Peachtree Road [Why are all the books I've been reading lately abt Atlanta?]. It was the sort of nightmare that was all abt death, where you'd rather have a miserable day on very little sleep than risk more of the same. Woke up thinking he was dead and I had to do something. Then remembered he is and I can do nothing. So awake, so not happy abt it.


Funnily enough, watched the pilot of Dead Like Me last night. Very interesting. (But I don't think Uzi would ever be an undead so don't have to worry abt bumping into him and not recognising him.)


I injured my left index finger in my sleep and it's swollen, throbbing and painful, makes for very slow typing. It is bothering me stupidly, what on earth can I have done to it?


I've had enough of testes to last me a lifetime. Make sure to keep your seminiferous ducts open at all times. Also, avoid knots in your testicles if at all possible. Trust me.


Will watch Super Size Me today, if I behave. Behaving means I will be able to yap abt things like testes without hesitation. Someone heard me up [is this German?] yesterday regarding skin diseases and I'm sort of ok. He'd pass me, he says. He'd have to, after quizzing me on things I hadn't studied yet despite my having marked it and nearly giving me a panick attack. As much as I can muster panick these days, that is.


[CENSORSHIP REQUIRED] So I first went to the big bookshopto buy the new Harry Potter and at 22.35 there was a line already. I didn't feel like standing there till all the cows came home and decided that it would be [SAME THING. BOUGTH NEW HARRY POTTER IS WHAT'S IMPORTANT.]


Can I rant abt Harry Potter yet?


Labels:

17 Comments:

At 19/7/05 13:24, Blogger SavtaDotty said...

As far as I'm concerned, you can rant about anything, anytime. But HP to me means Hewlitt Packard, so what do I know?

 
At 19/7/05 13:52, Blogger Diana said...

Sorry about your night of fight and fright. Sounds like Loverboy has THE dream job. You deserve to be well kept. Rant away about HP if you want. I am done.

 
At 19/7/05 14:37, Blogger Agent Sierra said...

Just warn us if there are spoilers. I'm kind of an HP virgin...never really rounded second base.

And on Supersize Me.... Just make sure you aren't planning to eat a nice meal afterward. It totally destroyed my appetite.

When I have nightmares I spoil myself a little the next day. Somehow being kind to myself comforts whatever was frightening me earlier.

 
At 19/7/05 14:56, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Do you think you bit your finger in your sleep?

As for 'Super Size Me'... I wanted a salad after watching it.

And if you'd like to read another novel about Atlanta, pick up 'Gone With The Wind.' It's so much more intricate and detailed than the film.

 
At 19/7/05 15:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to rant, just warn us first so that we can stay away until finished reading it. (I like to savor my favorite books - I know - weird). Sorry for the bad dreams - wishing you peaceful sleep.

 
At 19/7/05 17:23, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Oh - this guy isn't as funny as 'I KISS YOU,' but he seems more sincere...

http://henryswerdloff.net/m/m.html

 
At 19/7/05 17:57, Blogger CarpeDM said...

Stupid nightmares. I hate them. How dare they bug you. You send them my way and I will beat them up for you.

That is a cute story of how Loverboy sold you the book and I'm glad that he is in demand. I also think that you deserve to be kept. I also deserve to be kept but that's not going to happen any time soon. Sigh.

Do not rant about HP yet. I have not received my copy because flea is having problems with the people she ordered the books from. Stupid book people.

Anyway, much love. Beijos!

 
At 19/7/05 19:36, Blogger Lala said...

I want to hear your HP rant! Write it up an email it to me.

 
At 19/7/05 19:56, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Some of us are slow readers, but like to come read you, so if you do reveal things please mark the 'do not read here' section.
Thanks for asking.

 
At 19/7/05 20:22, Blogger Lioness said...

Super Size Me was amazing and profoundly disturbing. Makes perfect sense though. (Hi Amanda!)

Won't rant abt HP yet. PRobably, by the time I can I won't have anything left to say.

Sorry Lala, huge exam on Friday, will have to wait a bit.

 
At 19/7/05 21:26, Blogger Udge said...

Thanks for the advice, I shall try to keep my testicles un-knotted. (Oh good, something new to worry about.)

 
At 19/7/05 21:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just give us a warning shot when you finally do start your HP rant... I'm trying to savour it... I'm only half way through.

Oh... and if you get to be Barbie... can I come live with you and be Malibu Stacy??? We could surf, and do our hair, and put on lots of eyeliner... won't that be KEEN!

 
At 20/7/05 00:40, Blogger cat said...

He's an archeologist! Neat. Who knew you could make money at that indeed!

That video from your last post: Ooof wow what a freaking nutter, it's a shame he gets any airtime at all. If his ilk ever control the world I'll fry right along with you with a Jewish hubby and me being a polytheist (pagan).

 
At 20/7/05 05:32, Blogger c said...

YES!! RANT!

But do it tommorow in my comments, after I've posted my bit.

:-)

I'm so demanding!

 
At 20/7/05 08:17, Blogger brooksba said...

I hate nightmares. No fun. No fun at all.

I love that Loverboy sold the book to you. That's just adorable. I like him more and more every day.

I'm okay with a HP rant. I don't read the books, but a rant is a rant is a rant. Let's hear some roaring (with appropriate spoiler warnings for those who want to read it themselves).

Beijos!

 
At 21/7/05 04:41, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

As a kid, I wanted to be an archeologist. Of course I imagined it being more like an Indiana Jones movie.

 
At 21/7/05 16:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there - thanks for dropping by my blog the other day. Hope you have a wonderful weekend at the beach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home