Monday, June 19, 2006

Oh, and a Will and Grace rerun can always be counted on too!

Did my exam, am sure I passed. Wrote loads on distemper, who knew I knew? Next comes Immunology and the lab exam and THAT, along with Bacteriology which I already got rid of, ends the disgraceful trinity we call Microbiology *oh furball*.

The problem is, now more than ever, I seem to have non-stop exams. I went to lunch with Ana just now and she said that simply hearing abt it made her nervous bcs how can people live like that. The obvious answer is they cannot, not very well, or at least not w any discernible quality of life. I have great hopes that next year will be better bcs I will have got rid of the subjects from previous years that were making my life hell, and bcs the subjects are generally more interesting. But we will still have long exam periods (including the studying which starts in earnest a month or a month and a half bfr the actual exams) and exams in btwn bcs they've shortened the evaluation period in such an effective manner that now all exams do not fit in and some have to be done bfr that. And I need to find ways to deal with the stress that do not involve regression and peaprincessing bcs it is not bery grown up is it and besides the only foot I shoot is mine, and overall my pride is hurt.

As for the other things I have to fix:

- Switched cat food and J.I.P. loves the Ecstasy in it but she is adamant that she loves me far, far more, and that she must follow me everywhere and lick my eyelids to wake me up at 5 am and obstinately be in my face when I am studying, rubbing her jaw on every available centimetre and thus effectively blinding me and making me eat hair when I'm trying to study. It is so bad that I try to never make eye contact when she's quiet bcs then she remembers she must love me, deeply, visibly, at all times.
-
Hum-Hum, the three-legged one, is now positioned behind my hair trying to bite off and swallow as much of it as possible bcs her furballs, of which there have been legion, especially at night, on the bed, are not impressive enough. She's aiming for a cross-species breed. When that fails, she licks my jumper, lick lick lick, non-stop, I move it and she folows, three legs and all, and when that too fails she licks available CDs and I have an inkling why and let me tell you this cat food will never be bought again, in fact, we might just have to buy some and mix both bcs this is beginning to look too much like diet-induced dementedness.
- My hair, I'm surprised Ana didn't faint. I need to have it cut, I need to have it highlighted, WHERE TO GO? I was even forced to hold it back from my face with two barrets and THAT is not a look I've ever sported, I look rather - un-me-eish plus hair is too thick and they keep being pulled outwards, like hairy head wings. Still, she liked my Lioness shirt. I bought a Lioness shirt, I now own a Lioness shirt, did you know? I am far too pale for it just now and it makes my boobs mysteriously smaller but - Lioness shirt! Here:

Lioness t-shirt

And now it's time to lie on the sofa with Good Omens [How obscene is it to have bought it almost a week ago and not have gone past p.25 or something. And it's brilliant, too! Will fix now.], and there's a medical program on with real surgery and cases, yey, and tonight we'll go for dinner at my friend Manel's and then maybe we'll watch Inside Man if we don't come back too late and I'll pretend I don't have to start studying something vile again tomorrow.

12 Comments:

At 19/6/06 21:05, Blogger brooksba said...

Love the shirt and the blue eyes on it! Very fun.

One of the burdens of being so lovely and wonderful to your sweeties is that they want to return the love! It's just a matter of opportune times.

Your exam schedule makes my head swim. Great job on the exam today and I hope the rest go by as well.

I'm sure E is understanding. Don't worry. You've got a lot going on and sometimes being able to get away (even if for only a few hours) can help greatly.

Miss you terribly and am sending you huge hugs! Beijos!

 
At 19/6/06 21:44, Blogger Udge said...

Glad to hear that all has worked out, and that LB is no longer in danger of losing any appendages. One tripod per household is enough.

 
At 20/6/06 00:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally exhausted reading your post, never mind trying to get my head around doing exams and studying, etc, etc....

You are so smart and funny and witty and I just love reading your blog! Also love the Lioness shirt, and the fact that your cat displays copious love to you all the time, and the fact that you too perform acts of peaprincessing. mwa...

 
At 20/6/06 01:51, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

That damn, infernal boiling water sound!!! Enough!!!

I like your term peaprincessing...it is a phenomenon that I have witnessed before, but never had the vocabularly to describe it.

You poor girl. You're in a constant state of test-taking (not to mention those people you "test" you in other ways). It is a wonder that you have any hair left on your head at all.

One of these days the tests will stop, and maybe- just maybe- the insomnia will end.

 
At 20/6/06 15:53, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Wow, a break between exams, congrats on doing well.
And the pic, from this point of view it looks pretty good.
The shirt's nice too.

 
At 20/6/06 18:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes your boobs look smaller??? You must have very large breasts then... because I think they look anything but small.

 
At 20/6/06 20:13, Blogger Udge said...

Well, I'm very glad that Manuela said that, because all of us gentlemen have been thinking it too, but have not wished to make testosteronish comments :-)

 
At 21/6/06 06:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Udge... lmao!

 
At 21/6/06 08:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lioness, I smiled a very sympathetic smile at your weekend caper. How well you put it! You should go to the neurologist I went to last week, JUST so she can ask you with a straight face, "Have you been under a lot of stress lately?" and you can then rip her head out of its socket. (Not that heads, er, have sockets as such.)

In answer to your question on my blog, the expression is "Das is nicht auf meinem Mist gewachsen." Really. Truly. The more you think about it, the more it gains in beauty. So I think about it as much as I can.

 
At 21/6/06 19:03, Blogger paulmonster said...

You realize that none of us are buying this "I'm studying to be a veterinarian" thing, right? I'm fully expecting you to be able to heal animals while piloting a rocket ship orbiting Mars. And writing about it.

rrowwrrr,

 
At 23/6/06 03:16, Blogger Jay said...

I was in the neighborhood and thought I'd say hello. It's been so long, I doubt you remember me. I used to be around all the time, then all of the sudden, I wasn't. Someday I will be around again. Someday.

 
At 25/6/06 23:52, Blogger Serialangel said...

Hey darlingk, am in the middle of exam season (although mine is not as gruelling as yours, hun) what I've done is make a collection of my favourite piano music (Yann Tiersen esp.) and made a calm down exam time CD which I play on the bus to college. Not only does you journey become wonderfully dramatic and cinematic, it puts everything into a nice and easy arthouse movie mode, and your brain is incredibly serene.

I think people in exam seasons should be allowed free huts available to tear up, with soft floors and a fridge full of ready made healthy food and sleeping pills and computers and printers that never break down...

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home