Friday, July 28, 2006

Housekeeping

Hi.

I'm feeling better.

All right, better might be stretching it a bit, what I am is not caring abt the amount of exams that will await me in September. Imagiology went abysmally, the exam was much, much more difficult than the last one. In a few hours (less than 9) I will be circling random letters again, for the most part. Crop circles but not a good year for wine at all. I cannot bring myself to study one iota more bcs everything becomes one big word after a very short while. Enough. And bcs I do not feel like reading [not one bit, serioulsy] [and this is as bad as it gets] I have been watching series and films.

The Matrix Revolutions? Bros on crack. Oh! Have just realised, bcs I was skipping forward the boring parts (movie went rather fast at that) I managed to miss the infamous highway scene! What I like are the machine fighting anyway so all's good. But eh, rather poor film, what could they possibly have been thinking. [And when did Jada whatchmacallit Smith become a tiny, muscled little man? Her facial bones are broadening for fuck's sake! Get off the exerciser bfr you grow a penis, woman. ]

Am thoroughly in love with Cesar ... - eh, forgot his name. That dog chap, The Dog Whisperer. I'll have a small Californian moment now [hi, V.]: he has such good energy. That man sparkles inside out and it makes me all woofy to think of those dogs whose lives he's changed so radically, so much for the better! I believe I will apply some of my new-found knowledge to my dog - she needs it. Er, I need it. We all do. It is true, he trains the owners, and rehabs the dogs. I cannot believe the gift that man has, he is absolutely the canine Monty Roberts version. [If you haven't read the book or seen any of his work STOP NOW and go get them. Run! He tames wild horses with nothing but his voice, a towel, a riding hall, and abt what, 40 min? Mind-blowing. The first part of the book is utterly fascinating.]

I am not seriously worried abt myself. I mean, I am. My life isn't really good,a nd I have two more years of this madness. But I can still throw in words like procure [why didn't anyone call me pedantic? No fun this way.] so am not too worried. I would never leave vet school, ever. It might kill me but if it does it'll go down with me. I haven't been sacrificing myself for the past 5 years to abandon it all, I have the rest of my life to look forward to. I have what I think are very valid fears regarding the vast expansion of my ignorance and don't see how that will ever, EVER be any different. How on earth will I learn outside of school everything I should have learnt IN school? Bleak.
Went and got my new car [Got to the April archives if you want to see it, it's within the post in small font that tells the story of my miscarriage, I think. Too blah to go look and link]. My new car kicks ass, and the dog, to my humungous surprise, rides much more quietly in the back. rides quietly, full stop. And said back is now covered in brand new rubber - rubber! - mats, to which NO HAIRS STICK. Sadly, the back and the sides are covered but NO HAIRS ON THE SEATS. None. It's like - it's a bloody miracle, that's what it is.

Oh, another good one - Child of Our Time. It is what happens when BBC excellency [well, here at least] meets Prof. Robert Winston. Google it now. One of the things I want to do while I'm away, without my beloved internet, is to write a post abt the series, it should be absolutely mandatory for anyone who is a parent, plans to be a parent, wants to be a parent, works with children, is interested in boy/girl development, to watch this. Again, mind-blowing. Again, so funny how so many so desperately want to make the cultural bit be responsible for all that we are [and of course, how funny the opposite]. Expect loads of bio-antropological bruaha when I come back.

[Oh Udge, what I meant was, it can be said in English but it's one of those situations where one language is particularly adept at conveying the exact emotion and that'd be German this time. Just like Ihr koennt mich alle mal, no good way to really translate the feeling as brilliantly and elegantly as this in English. I use it often.]

- Millan, Cesar Millan! He also has the most darling accent ever, and usually I don't find the Spanish one all that charming. And his English mistakes - oh he's just adorable.

And you lot? You kick ass even more than my sexy car does. Thank you. Smooches to all.

7 Comments:

At 28/7/06 09:16, Blogger squarepeg said...

oh, how this reminds me of the soporific effect of reading technical manuals at my job. five minutes, and my head is on my desk. I think of you often banging your head on the books, and personally am only hanging on by means of the most delightful image of you as a full-fledged creature-doctor, sagely and with deep humor serving a community of animal-lovers and their many-footed treasures. we shall overcome!

 
At 28/7/06 13:54, Blogger Diana said...

Maybe your pooch is just drunk on that new car smell?

Glad you're in a space less bad.

 
At 28/7/06 20:34, Blogger brooksba said...

Glad to hear that you're going forward and that it isn't as bad. I hope you have a lovely time at the beach, watch a zillion shows, and just be.

I miss you loads and loads. Beijos!

 
At 29/7/06 17:05, Blogger Agent Sierra said...

Enjoy every moment! Rest, and relax.

 
At 29/7/06 21:37, Blogger Udge said...

I guess I was being pedantic again. Sorry. Glad that you are in a brighter mood. Enjoy the beach and the car.

 
At 29/7/06 23:13, Blogger Unknown said...

Pedantic whackjob.

Happy now? Good.

I cant wait for the Robert Winston series to start here. I met him - MET.HIM! - and went to his lecture when he was here for a reproductive technology conference.

Yay for the car and yay for non-stick dog hairs.

 
At 31/7/06 17:57, Blogger CarpeDM said...

You so deserve the beach. I hope you have a lovely time. I've been working on my Portugal pictures and missing you so much.

Beijos to you and Loverboy and Papoila and Hum-Hum and JIP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home