Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Rosa, minha irmã Rosa*

Today would have been my little sister's birthday.

She was born two days before my 2nd birthday and died on my actual birthday. She suffered in utero for too many days - the dr [loose employ of word] didn't think foetal distress and a two week delay good enough reasons to induce labour. When the water broke it was fully infected. My father took me to see her and he says the contrast between us could not have been more striking: she was quite a big baby (even for a full term one, apparently her head was almost as big as mine. But I was a wisp of a thing until I was abt 11 anyway). She had dark hair and eyes that even then promised to turn brown - a true Portie. When she was born she was also a scary shade of blue and purple, and her APGAR... She was agonic and had been for a while.

My sister's name was Rosinha and she lived for 2 days only. Funnily enough, every year I miss her a little bit more.

--------------------------

*here

4 Comments:

At 16/3/05 15:47, Blogger Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Rosinha. I think the world lost out when it lost you. If you were even half as wonderful as your sister, you would have been a fabulous person.

 
At 16/3/05 17:48, Blogger Melaina RN, PHN, MS, CNS, ACHPN said...

I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. That must've been incredibly sad - as I'm sure it still is - all of the hopes you all had for your little sister taken away so suddenly like that.

 
At 16/3/05 19:54, Blogger brooksba said...

I'm sorry to hear about Rosinha. Happy Birthday to her. It's good to hear that she is thought of each year.

Hugs,

Beth

 
At 20/3/05 05:55, Blogger Stacey said...

How completely heartbreaking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home